Friday, December 11th, 2015
Sponsored by Ashland Chamber of Commerce
On Friday December 11th, many retail stores will stay open from 5-9pm with fun activities for families and friends alike. Take the opportunity to explore the charming stores that make Ashland thrive.
Meet many of the small business owners and enhance your Holiday season in Ashland. Carolers will be strolling and Santa has been rumored to be planning a second trip to Ashland for the Open House.
Nimbus will be open!
The Ashland Chamber of Commerce encourages you to #ShopSmall and #ShopLocal all season round and specifically during the holidays. Programs like the Holiday Coupon Book, Holiday Open House (on December 11th) and Ashland Chamber Gift Certificates offer residents and visitors the opportunity to enhance their holiday shopping experience.
The following are the Ashland Chamber’s Top 10 Reasons to Shop Local this Holiday Season:
- Small Businesses make up the fabric of the Ashland community.
- Small Businesses donate to their local community nonprofit organizations.
- Small Businesses collectively are the largest employers nationally and in Ashland.
- Small Businesses aren’t dedicated to a national supply chain. They listen to their customers and can get them what they need.
- When you shop local and support a Small Business,
- more money from your purchase stays local.
- Each dollar you spend at independent businesses returns 3 times more money to your local economy than one spent at a chain.
- Buying Green Means Buying Local.
- The multiplier effect created by spending locally generates lasting impact on the prosperity of local organizations and residents.
- Keeping our community unique – Where we shop, where we eat and have fun — all of it makes our community home.
- Getting to know the store owners is a great reason to shop local.
The 23rd Annual Festival of Light
kicks off Friday, November 27, 2015 and continues throughout the holiday season.
Endless Possibilities by Linda Lamore
There are many dimensions to art; it can inspire, anger, thrill, or calm the soul. Hopefully it communicates something, whether it is on an emotional level or on an intellectual level. With my paintings, I hope to elicit a positive emotional response that transports you to another place.
This group of paintings represents an assortment of my styles within the refracted series. Represented here are multi-media pieces, abstracted scenic pieces and nonobjective abstract pieces.
~ Linda Lamore
Linda Lamore will be our Nimbus Gallery Guest Artist for the September 4th, 2015 First Friday Art Walk.